Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh)[India], Aug. 19 : The death toll in the deadly Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express derailment has mounted to 23, while the injured are being counted at 40 so far.
Here are the updates in the tragedy so far:
– Fourteen coaches of Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express derailed in Muzaffarnagar’s Khatauli area.
– 23 people have lost their lives till now and 40 are said to be injured.
– The incident took place around 5:50 pm.
Nine Uttar Pradesh Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) companies, a team of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) have been rushed to the spot.
– Medical vans have also been rushed to the site
– Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said that he has ordered inquiry into the unfortunate accident to ascertain the cause.
– Railway Ministry and Uttar Pradesh Government are working hand in hand, informs Prabhu.
– As per sources repair work was underway at the track.
– MoS Railways Manoj Sinha and BJP leader Sanjeev Balyan are at the site.
– Alternate arrangement is being made for stranded passengers.
-Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced ex gratia of Rs 5 lakhs to the next kin of any Odia passengers killed in the incident. He also announced relief of Rs 50,000 for injured.
– Union Minister of Railway Suresh Prabhu announced ex gratia of Rs 3.5 lakh for the next kin, Rs. 50, 000 for those seriously injured and Rs. 25, 000 for people with minor injuries.
-President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday expressed condolences
Read more at:ani newsindian