PM Modi boards Metro train.
Train that PM boards will be wrapped in design representing beauty of Kochi
The Metro train, which the Prime Minister boards, will be wrapped in a design representing the beauty of Kochi and the state. It touches upon the rural life in the state and is complete with the `Pappanji’ of Kochi, monuments, festivals and other spectacular sights from Kerala.
* Kochi metro will be India’s first to extensively use solar panels. As many as 22 stations will have solar panels.
* Kochi metro plans to meet 25% of its electricity needs from solar power
* Vertical gardens on certain pillars of the metro network will use compost generated from municipal waste
* Reportedly the first govt agency in India to hire transgenders; 23 are expected to be on duty for the inaugural run
* Kochi will be the first Indian city where a water ferry will be developed as a feeder service, called ‘Water Metro’, to the metro
The kids will take the train at 10.15 am in two batches of 300 children and they will travel from Kalamassery to Aluva and return back to the starting station.
‘Yet another feather in Kochi’s cap’
The preparations for the inauguration have been on full swing. From barricades to traffic control to bomb squad but it seems nothing can bring down the excitement of the general public. “I think the Metro adds yet another feather in Kochi’s cap,” said Ajithalekshmi an employee of HDFC Bank.